- Game Guide
- Scenarios: Scenario Quests follow the main storyline and can be specific to a region or character class. These quests are sequential, connecting to other quests in the storyline. Completing scenario quests is the best way to progress the narrative of DK Online and really submerge yourself in the rich world of Latos.
- Normal Quests: Normal Quests are often given in the form of a single task to complete. They are often repeatable, or given daily, and may or may not be class- or race-specific.
- Guild Quests: Guild Quests grant Reputation Points to your guild once upon completion. Sometimes, these quests include instance dungeon raids dependent on clearing the dungeon or defeating a boss. Other times, these quests come in the form of events or repeatable quests.
- Prerequisite quests must be completed before proceeding to the next quest in the series.
- Guild Quests only activate when you are in a guild. If you leave the guild after accepting or starting a quest, it will be removed automatically.
- A repeatable quest can be only completed a limited number of times. Once the maximum number of times has been completed, the repeatable quest will be removed from your available quests list.
- Your quest tracker only displays available quests/quests in progress for the zone you are in. Quests from other zones are not displayed.
- If the quest-giving NPC and the quest-turn-in NPC are different, the can only be completed by talking to the quest-turn-in NPC once activated; you cannot go back to the quest-giving NPC for more information about the quest.
- You can easily see the types of quests that are available, in progress, or complete by glancing at the quest icons displayed in the mini map.
- Quest Categories: Browse quests from each category, separated by tabs (Scenario, Normal, and Guild).
- Sort by Zone: Quests you receive in each category are grouped by zones as well. You can collapse each group for easier viewing.
- Quest Tracker Checkbox: Toggle the quest tracker display on your main UI screen.
- Quest Title: Quest titles are displayed in their respective category colors (Red, Yellow, or Blue).
- Quest Description: Read more about the backstory of each quest, and why you are helping that NPC!
- Quest Objective: Perhaps the most important element of a given quest is the objective; this area displays requirements for completing the selected quest, including monster targets, items, and related NPCs as necessary.
- Reward: Here you can choose your reward if more than one is offered as a prize.
- Forfeit: In the unfortunate event that you do not have the ability to complete the quest, you can forfeit it by pressing this button.
- Progress Filter: Scenario quests can be filtered by the status of your progress.
Curious about the world of Latos? Want to become more powerful? As you explore, you'll come across a variety of quests. Questing is absolutely essential for a greenhorn fortune-hunter to become an elite adventurer. Before you get started, it would be helpful to know what types of quests there are. Each type functions differently; you can learn more about them below:
You can tell what type of quest you are receiving by the color of the icon above the source NPC's head. There are many types of icons that indicate crucial quest information:
|Type||Available Quest||Quest In Progress||Quest Complete||Repeatable Quest||Rep. Quest in Progress||Rep. Quest Completed|
General Information on QuestingBecause there are different levels of quests, here are a few things to keep in mind so your adventures continue smoothly:
Quest Journal Window
Want to earn a little extra while looting fallen enemies? Whether you're off hunting monsters solo or teaming up with some friends, you also gain Reputation with every slain enemy. The stronger and more powerful your vanquished opponent, the greater the Reputation rewards!
Your Reputation precedes you! Once you've earned a solid amount of Reputation, you're ready to cash in. You can either use it on the Magic Cube system for a chance at winning the jackpot, or invest it in growing and improving your guild. Either way makes good incentive to get out there and become notorious.