Understanding the User Interface is crucial for your gaming experience. This section provides vital information.
- Character Level: Below your class icon you will notice your character’s level.
- Health and Mana Bars: These two bars indicate your character's overall health and mana statuses. Taking damage drains health, while using skills drains mana. If they drop too low, you'll be in danger of dying, so be sure to keep an eye on them!
- RP Bar: Players receive Reputation Points upon defeating monsters. There are certain skills in DK Online that can only be activated with RP instead of mana, so stock up and prepare to unleash your rage on your enemies.
- PvP Status: The 2-sword icon indicates your current PvP stance. When the swords are parallel, you are not in PvP mode. This means while you’re traveling in safe zones, other players are unable to attack you. If you click on the swords they will cross, indicating that you are now in PvP mode. You will then be allowed to attack other players and they may attack you.
- Buffs: Buffs are located to the right of the health and mana bars. If a buff has a timer, the countdown will be displayed on the icon.
When an NPC, monster, or player is targeted by left-clicking them, the target’s portrait and name is displayed. Right-click this interface to display the actions that can be performed on that target.
- The color of a target's name indicates their disposition toward the player. Red indicates an aggressive character or monster; yellow indicates a neutral character; and green indicates a friendly character.
- It's always important to know how far away your foe or friend is.
The minimap displays a great deal of information: Quests, NPCs, and party members appear as icons on the display.
For more details, navigate to the Map Interface page.
As you begin your adventure, you'll accrue many quests. This interface helps you keep track of your active quests as well as your progress on each quest.
Use the menu to access advanced interfaces and options available in Dragon Knights. Many of these interfaces can also be opened with hotkeys.
- Character Info (C)
- Opens your character information sheet, which displays your current stats and equipment.
- Skills (K)
- Information regarding your character- and guild-skills can be viewed here.
- Inventory (I)
- Allows you to view and adjust your current equipment and items. Item information is displayed when you hover you mouse over the corresponding item, allowing you to compare currently equipped gear with inventory items, or read about critical quest items.
- Map (M)
- Brings up a larger map of the entire area, which displays quest information including markers for unclaimed quests. You can still move your character with WASD controls while the map is displayed. Press "M" again to leave the map.
- Quests (J, L)
- Displays active personal and guild quests. You can set which quests you are currently "tracking" by clicking on them. Tracked quests display additional information on your map and show up beneath your minimap UI.
- Magic Cube
- Use accumulated Reputation gained from killing monsters to win amazing prizes. You could hit the jackpot and win big!
- Friend List
- When you meet a friendly player and want to keep in touch, click on this icon to register them in your Friend List. You can also see which friends are online, and message them from here.
- Guild (G)
- Displays information about your guild. How much information and what permissions you have depend on your rank in the guild.
- Menu (ESC)
- Opens the menu screen. You'll be able to adjust various settings like your graphic performance, audio settings, hotkeys, and many others. This is also how you exit the game (not that you would!).
Communication is the most important part of any relationship... and online friendships are no exception! There are several channels available so you can keep your various conversations organized. Despite what some people will tell you, there is such a thing as too much information; this system will make your life easier.
DK Online makes customizing your bar easier than ever. The UI is fully customizable. Which means you'll be able to arrange the UI in any way that you prefer.